Hi everyone!! It's Stephanie here with you today to share a fun Fall mini album with you!!
Fall is my very favorite time of the year. I love the colors, the leaves, the coolness in the air...everything.
For the mini album this month, I wanted to create a book all about our fall adventures. I started by writing down a list of what I wanted to do this fall and went from there. I also wanted to add some fun and different textures to this album. It's always fun to look around your scrap room to find new ways to use old product!
Let's get started!
Start by gathering your supplies. I went through my lovely My Mind's Eye papers and found colors that reminded me of fall. I used lots of the Cut & Paste collection with a few papers and embellishments from the The Sweetest Thing collection.
As you can see from the photo above, I also grabbed some office supply tags, vellum bags, brown paper bags, felt and burlap. Just search around your room and see what you can find!!
A fun addition to any mini album is to make a peek-a-boo window. I like to fill mine with confetti...It's kind of like a party in a page!
To make a window, you will need two pieces of paper trimmed to the same size.
1. I trimmed my paper to 4x4 inches.
2. Use your paper trimmer to cut out a box on the inside of your paper square. I used the 1" mark on the right side of my trimmer as my guide. You will want to stay consistent throughout both pieces of paper so your open squares will line up correctly.
3. Once your squares are trimmed from the middle of your paper, trim two pieces of page protector or plastic roughly the same size as your base papers (mine was 4x4 inches).
4. Use double sided tape to attach the plastic to the inside of your pages.
5. Next, use your sewing machine or washi tape to close three of your four sides.
6. Punch out some beautiful confetti, add it to the pocket and sew/tape the remaining side!! Now you have a fun peek-a-boo addition to your book!
There are so many ways you can jazz up your mini album! I'll share a few of my favorites...
Adding washi tape to pockets, tags, photos or journaling cards is a perfect way to hold things in place and add a little color to neutral tones.
Using your mists or Color Shine to create patterns on cardstock or patterned paper can add a fun interest to your book. Instead of using the mist with the sprayer as normal, remove the top from the bottle and use the bottom point to draw, write and create. Once dried, you can use these shapes and drawings as journaling spots or for picture layers!
Here is a look at how my mini album came together....
Be sure to think outside of the box with your lovely products!!
Buttons, tags, washi and banner pieces make your mini album visually interesting! They add a fun texture and dimension to your pages.
Stickers and chipboard pieces make great places for adding notes and thoughts about your photos. And remember, you don't have to add lots and lots of journaling. A few details about your photos or any memory that comes to mind is perfect!
And that's it for me today!! Thank you so much for joining me! I hope I have inspired you to create a mini album for your fall adventures!! As always, please let me know if you have any questions!