Hi there everyone!! Stephanie back with you this month to share another fun mini album tutorial!! I've really been wanting to create an inspiration file book for a while and as soon as I opened the new My Mind's Eye Market Street and Necessities goodies, I knew they would be perfect for my book!!
I'm a huge fan of Pinterest and online galleries, but I really love holding tangible items! I love gathering all of my favorite ideas on paper rather than only having them on my computer. This inspiration file contains some of my favorite quotes, magazine pieces, photos, etc., but you could easily make a mini album or travel folder using this technique! Let's get started!!
1. Start by gathering your supplies.
You will need:
1. paper for your cover and end page (8x10)
2. two pieces of chipboard trimmed to 8x10
3. two pieces of vellum trimmed to 8x10
4. decorative tape
6. adhesive fastener
I am using two of the Market Street 8x10 Ready to Frame art pieces for my cover and end page. The "A Dream Is Where It All Begins" is the perfect quote for my little book! And the gold vellum paper from the Necessities collection is just divine!! I love how they all work together so nicely!
2. Adhere your vellum to one side of your chipboard pieces and your cover/end pages to the other side. If you have paper with a certain orientation make sure that each one is facing the correct direction before adhering down.
3. Add a strip of glittered tape or washi tape down the middle between your two chipboard pieces. Leave just a little gap between the two so your folder can open and close properly.
4. Add another strip of glittered tape/washi down the spine of your book and fold together to make sure your tape is sealed well.
5. Sew or hand stitch around your file book edges just to make sure your cover and inside pages stay attached.
6. Add an adhesive fastener (purchased from local office supply store) to the inside of your book. I added mine to the right hand page, but you could easily add one to both side.
Now you are all ready to fill your book with inspiration and ideas!! Here's a look at my inspiration file book!
On the inside, I decided to add my inspiration pieces to the right side of my book and a few of my favorite quotes and embellishments to the left hand side.
Whenever I come across something that I want to keep, I just add it right to my inspiration book! It's stacked right with my calendar, so I carry it with me wherever I am! You can never have too much inspiration!!
Thanks so much for joining me today!! I hope I have inspired you to make your own inspirational file book or folder mini album!!
MME Market Street Ashbury Heights 8x10 Ready to Frame Art
MME Market Street Ashbury Heights Chipboard Elements
MME Market Street Ashbury Heights Journal Card Packs
MME Nob Hill “Sparkle” Foiled Paper
MME Nob Hill Journal Card Packs