You know what a new month means, right? A new challenge! And our August challenge is lots of fun. We are asking you to document your summer. A summer recap is what we are looking for!
What have you done the past few months? I'm in Italy and school does not start here for another month. But I have plenty of friends in America and some of them have kiddos that start school in the next couple of weeks.
If you are in Australia you are experiencing winter. Feel free to alter this challenge to meet your needs!
As always...you are welcome to interpret this challenge however you'd like. The sky is the limit. Just make sure that I can tell it somehow fits the topic.
The rules are as follows:
1. You can submit a layout,card,album,altered item,etc.
2. The project must consist of mainly MME. It must "look" like a MME project. :) It must fit the theme.
3. The project must be created new for this challenge. You may only submit one project.
4. Upload the project to the InLinkz link tool at the end of this post by the end of the day on Tuesday, August 13.
5. A random winner will be chosen and announced with the second August challenge on August 14. The prize is any MME collection- the choice is yours.I challenged Tamara to join in on this challenge and here is what she came up with!
Supplies: Find Your Wings and Fly "Up and Away": Krafty Floral patterned paper, Be Awesome patterned paper, stickers, chipboard, enamel dots, brads, alpha/word stickers: Find Your Wings and Fly "Sky's the Limit": Layered Ephemera patterned paper, enamel dots; Misc: Black ink, pen and thread, blue ink spray
Tamara says: I'm so excited to share this layout highlighting our summer thus far. We are only 2/3 of the way through and I was amazed by the lengthy list our family made. We don't have the budget/time for a big family vacation, and I admit I was feeling like we've had a dull summer. But going through our photos and focusing on the fun events we've experienced have really helped me realize what a fabulous summer we've already had!
The fresh and summery colors of the "Find Your Wings and Fly" collection were perfect for this page. I resized my photos to 2" (in height or width), then it was easy to arrange them in a collage. I layered the chipboard, stickers, and letters for my title. I used enamel dots as "bullets" for our list.
I cut out the blue chevron paper and layered stickers with brads to anchor the bottom of my layout. Machine stitching added definition to edges of the papers.
I invite you to take time to write down the highlights of your summer and create a layout with all the photos you've been taking. And if you have forgotten to snap some photos, you still have a month of summer left! :)
We can't wait to see what all of you come up with. Be creative and above all...have FUN!
Check back later today for the July sketch and July RWB challenge winners.