Hi there, Monika here sharing a post with Tamara today. We are sharing the first May challenge with you.
The challenge is...MAY DAY!.
Scrapbook May Day. You can interpret it however you would like as long as we can tell it fits the theme.
As for my project...you guessed it, it is a mini album. I decided to create a quick and easy project to share with my daughters at breakfast what we will be doing after school pick-up today.
Materials Used | My Girl Collection: Genuine, Playful, Chevron, Fancy Free patterned cardstock, Chipboard Elements, Layered Stickers, Enamel Dots, Decorative Buttons, Decorative Brad; Indie Chic: Nutmeg Memories Twine; Collectable: Unforgettable Today Decorative Stamps; Noteable: Silly Cheery Paper; Red and Turquoise Decorative Tape Set
Hoping that this will be a very fine May Day indeed.
What made this mini album move along so quickly for me was that I allowed the chipboard pieces from the My Girl collection to dictate what our day's agenda would be. Here, take a look to see what I mean. Oh, and you may notice that my "binding" for this mini album is simply an assortment of decorative tapes to adhere the pages to one another.
Simply simple and simply charming!
Here are highlights from a few of my favorite features
- created a pinwheel and used a decorative brad for the center attachment
- added decorative buttons and enamel dots to my chipboard elements
- border punched and stitched on the cover allowing my bicycle chipboard elements and twine to peek from underneath
- at the last minute, I added in a shipping tag and adhered it on both sides with more decorative tape and was able to pop on a larger chipboard element
- love to decorate the inside cover as well...this time with layered chipboard elements
Be sure to visit with me on my blog on May 2nd when I'll share photos of our May Day adventures all inserted into our mini album. Keeping my fingers crossed for a sunshiney day!
Supplies:Find Your Wings and Fly - Sky's the Limit: Tiled patterned paper, Look patterned paper, 6x6 papers, brad, stickers, alpa and word stickers, chipboard:Collectable - Unforgettable label stickers; Grey decorative tape; Misc: Grey chipboard, grey thread, black ink and pen.
Hey guys. Tamara here. I interpreted this challenge as using "May" in my title.
Here are the rules.
1. You can submit a layout,card,album,altered item,etc.
2. The project must consist of mainly MME. It must "look" like a MME project. :) It must fit the theme.
3. The project must be created new for this challenge. You may only submit one project.
4. Upload the project to the InLinkz link tool at the end of this post by the end of the day on Tuesday, May 14.
5. A random winner will be chosen and announced with the second May challenge on May 15. The prize is any MME collection- the choice is yours.
Good luck and HAVE FUN!
Happy May Day!