I love that I can pick up a 6-pack of 5x8" notebooks in yellow or white at my local Walmart for $2.50 and create six uniquely decorative notebooks as gifts for friends this holiday. I'd like to share a few quick and simple options on decorating these notepads in literally minutes.
#1 Decorative Notepad
Rather then write up a step-by-step tutorial for one of my favorite styles of decorative notepads, I decided to show you a video featured over at My Craft Channel that I created for all of you. Simple click here to view how easy these notepads are to recreate.
#2 Notepad Wrap Tutorial
Supplies Needed: Everyday Fun Collection, 5x8" Notepads
Cut: 8 x 12" Everyday Fun "In Print"; 1 x 12" Everyday Fun "Remember This"
1. Score In Print (dot) paper from left to right: 5 1/8" then 1/4" from the first score line, then 5 1/8" from that score line and then 1/4" from the last score line.
2. Adhere 5 x 8" notepad in place inside of folded paper as shown in image above.
3. Score Remember This (striped) paper as follows: 3/4" from edge, then 1/4" from first score line, then 3/4" from that score line and 1/4" from that score line and repeat. Fold this strip of paper so it looks like a pleat.
4. Cut pleated piece so there is a 4" and 2" (approx.) pieces. Adhere 4" piece flush with top edge about 3/4" from left edge. Adhere smaller piece flush with bottom edge.
5. Wrap Everyday Fun Twine around front flap and tie in knot.
6. Trim around "Friends Forever" quote*, ink edges if desired and mount to black cardstock and mount 2 1/4" from bottom edge and flush with the left edge of book using foam tape.
8. Punch small hole in center of small flap and 4" piece of twine through hole. Punch Everyday Fun Decorative Brad through quote and notebook cover (you will twist twine around this to hold flap in place.
9. Embellish the over as desired using coordinating Every Fun Layered Stickers and Buttons.
#3 Notepad Cover
This is a simpler option then Notepad Wrap listed above.
Simply cut a 5 x 8 1/4" strip of paper of your choice. Score paper 5 1/8" from left edge and then 1/4" from first scoring line and fold. Here notepad to right side of inside of paper as shown here.
Create a few of these fun notepads, wrap them up with some ribbon and you have a darling, useful gift for all of your friends!! Happy Holidays and wishing you a very Merry Christmas.
Continuing our holiday hoopla – we’ll give one lucky winner the Kraft Funday collection of their choice. Leave a comment on this blog post by midnight on December 25, 2011 to be entered to WIN!