Hello!!! I am SO excited to be the Guest Designer for June for My Mind's Eye! I absolutely love their papers, embellishments, ribbon, everything! It's so easy to work with and everything coordinates so perfectly! Okay, you probably already know that if you are reading this blog, so I'll stop there ;)
A little about me...
I started crafting just over a year ago now. I started in May of 2010. So this is all very new to me still! The crafting world has opened up so many doors, new friends have been made, and a new passion has been discovered! I love to make cards and send them to people. I think it's wonderful to get something in the mail other than a bill so I want to share that!
I live in San Francisco with my handsome husband Hans and our sweet Yorkie named Spoon. She is my constant companion. I am a stay at home wife as my husband has a start-up - which basically means I'm a personal assistant, travel agent, office manager, and so many more roles - as most of us housewives have. :) I love my job and am so thankful for the choice that we have made for me to stay home.
I almost never make anything without die cuts (cut by my Cricut). My passion is shaped cards and my newest addiction is crinkled ribbon!
A quick 10 facts:
1. I LOVE boba. If you don't know what it is, you are missing out! If you like gummy bears, you will LOVE boba. It's little chewy gummy-like balls that sit on the bottom of your drink. I know it sounds weird, but it's SO good!
2. I am a redhead but I always told people I was a brunette and they were all colorblind. :) Since my husband likes redheads however, I have changed my tune...
3. Spoon is a spooner. Big time. She is the best snuggler ever! I guess that isn't about me, but isn't she cute!?!
4. I live in 450 square feet. We bought a studio here and you won't believe where I can hide my crafting stuff!
5. I feel like I was born to emboss. I LOVE embossing. I started crafting because I ran something through a Cuttlebug at something called the Maker Faire. I was hooked.
6. I love entertaining. I could host dinner parties every other night (one to prep and then clean the next day!)
7. I have seen 48 of the states - most of them driving to them. I have driven more miles then most people I know. And I'm a huge advocate of being aware of everything around you when you are driving. Be safe. Text later - or pull over. Typing "LOL" isn't worth dying for.
8. I'm an Apple girl. Don't even ask me to go back to a PC.
9. I'm an open card - ask me any questions you would like! I'm happy to answer them!
10. I'll be at CHA in July (and probably January too). I would love to meet you!
Here are some of my favorite projects!
I did a Woodland Themed Birthday Party (I love doing sets like this!).
Invitation - I wanted it to look like the bee flew from the woods to their house:
Favors (up-cycled from empty toilet paper rolls):
I would love to have you visit me at my blog: Court’s Crafts.
Let’s give Courtney a big My Mind’s Eye welcome! Leave some love for her on this blog post by midnight on Sunday, July 10, 2011. We will announce the winner on Monday, July 11, 2011.
p.s. Be sure to visit our blog next week (hint)!