30 Days of Memories? What does that mean?
30 days of fun, simple, easy to implement ways to create memories. Because have children, my ideas are centered on fun things to do with kids. If you are single or are a couple without children, switch up some of my suggestions – this project is for everyone!
Today’s project featured embellishments from one of My Mind’s Eye’s newest collections: Lush 2. Lush 2 features four fantastic colors: Navy, Turquoise, Orange and Fuchsia. Each color has a beautiful journaling notebook, decorative brads, rhinestones, rhinestone brads, buttons and trims.
The boys in my house wouldn’t want to do a fun thing that was written on a Fuchsia paper (silly, I know) so I didn’t use the Fuchsia, but it would be beautiful added in!
Here are a few ideas:
- Backwards day
- Pirate day
- Indoor picnic (we did this a lot growing up)
- Breakfast for dinner
- Eat under the table
- Dance like crazy to music
- Make cookies and share them
- Drink hot chocolate with dinner
- Give everyone crazy hair styles
- Write a thank you note to someone
- Ask the question: if you could go anywhere on vacation, where would you go and why?
- Cowboy day
- Space explorer day
- Princess day
- Brave knight day
- Do the dishes together
- Paint everyone’s toenails
- Star gazing
- Backyard games
- Read a story
- Fancy dress for dinner
- Watch a movie (on the weekend)
- Go get ice cream
- Take a bike ride
- Fly a kite
- Play catch
- Take public transit somewhere
- Go for a walk together
- Play board games
- Have an indoor scavenger hunt
- Take a drive to the mountains
- Work on a puzzle
- Play with clay
- Do a puppet show (or act out a play)
- Camp out in the TV room (or backyard0
- Make an indoor tent for the kids
- Sing songs
- Write a letter to grandparents
- Make your own pizza
- Look through scrapbooks
- Start a family journal
- Do a kind deed in secret together
- Draw names and do nice thing all day for the person whose name you pulled.
As always, I have included instructions with the color photos shown here and the printable title: Download 2011_02_15_MME
I hope you will join me (and my family) in creating YOUR own 30 days of Memories. Remember that memories do not need to cost a lot of money - the best memories are created when time is spent together. I’d love to hear your ideas of fun things to experiences.
P.S. Do you want to win a Cricut Expression or Cuttlebug? Register to receive the My Mind’s Eye newsletter (click here). We have added more than 400 new readers in 2 weeks! We will give away the Cuttlebug when we have added 500 readers (almost there) and the Expression when we have added 1000 readers (we’re making good progress). Remember to tell your friends!