If you are like me, my December always feels very hectic. I often feel that there is so much to do, I really don’t get to enjoy the spirit and joy of the season. Well have I got a solution for you – a “HOLIDAY PLANNER”! Create a planner to schedule and Calendar all of those holiday parties, concerts, and activities. Plan your Gift List, write down the Family Traditions you always do and add some new ones, plan the special Holiday Recipes you want to make, plan out your Christmas Cards and write a list. Finally, use the envelope in the back to hold all of your Receipts in case you need to make returns.
This planner is perfect for your personal use – and also makes a wonderful (and inexpensive) gift! Since we are only 3 days into December, there is still time to make one and use it to organize your festive holiday season. All you need is a Composition Book (about $1.50 in the Office Supply Section of your store) – and the fabulous glittered I Believe Christmas Collection! I will also include downloads for the calendar (with or without numbers) and a jpeg of the Holiday Planner title.
I Believe Paper and Accessories Kit, I Believe Glittered Chipboard Elements, I Believe Decorative Ribbons, I Believe Decorative Brads, Red and Green Lush Rhinestones, Blue Lush Scalloped Ribbon, Composition Book, 1” circle punch, green embroidery floss, stapler, corner rounder, paper piercer, brown ink, brown pen.
- Since the binding is flexible, I like to use the green bottle of Tombow liquid mono adhesive or spray on adhesive to adhere the paper over the binding. That way, it will bend with the cover as you open and close the planner. I used double stick tape to adhere the other papers, you can also use the liquid mono adhesive.
- For the “Holiday Planner” title, print the jpeg image on a 5x5 piece of the blue paper. Trace the chipboard bracket shape from the glittered Chipboard elements, cut out, and adhere with pop dots on the journaling bracket from the accessory sheet. There are 3 of the bracket shapes, and 2 other tags – so you can make a lot of planners out of just one sheet! Embellish with Lush Rhinestones.
- Fold the end of a 12” piece of ribbon, then insert the brad through it and the cover. If you can’t find these I Believe brads, substitute with Red, Green, or Blue Lush Brads.
- Cut the tabs to 1 1/4” x 1 3/4”, round the corners, and adhere with double stick tape. Reinforce the tabs on the papers with two staples (but not on the covers)
- Cover the inside of the covers next, so the back of the brads won’t show.
- The receipt envelope measures 5 1/2” x 8”. Make sure you insert the brads BEFORE you adhere the envelope together. I punched out the green circles with the 1” circle punch. Knot the embroidery floss around the top circle. Or to simplify – just adhere a pre-made envelope inside.
Now the fun begins!! Leave a comment and you’ll be entered to win the ENTIRE “I Believe Collection”!