Mother’s Day is quickly approaching. What better way to show your mom your love for her than with these beautiful flower cones designed by our Guest Designer, Jessi Lute!
There is something so beautiful about simple. Maybe because you see so much more, feel so much when things are kept simple. For me, there is nothing simpler then homemade gifts. It doesn't need to be complicated or take hours, days, or weeks...it can be as simple as Victorian inspired paper cone filled flowers. It's the thought, right??
These little paper cones are super easy and quick to make...and once made can be filled with just about anything: flowers, candies, little gratitude notes. We actually hang these cones on every bedroom door knob in our house at Christmas, vessels to random acts of kindness. We leave notes for each other, little pictures, share treats....whatever!! The kids definitely love giving as much as they love seeing what has been left for them in their cones.
So this year for mother's day....why not fill a homemade paper cone with something special?
- Draw a big circle onto a 12x12 sheet of paper...as big as you can make it.
- Cut it into fourths.
- Place adhesive along one of the straight edges and wrap edge to meet up with the other side and press together.
- See?? Simple....now all you have to do is embellish it....the MME lush line is fabulous for this project as it adds a luxurious and vintage feel.
- Decorate the top edge with ribbon or paper strips with a decorative edge.
- Use brads to hold ribbon handles.
- Use labels or stickers or small frames on the centre front to hold a name or sentiment. the possibilities are endless!!!
Enjoy and Happy Mother's day!!!!